Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, October 19

What ya laughing about little man?


Chester was doing something VERY strange during his last feeding of the evening tonight.  After he gorged himself on his first boob he was feeling pretty sated so Daddy took some time to burp and cuddle him.  I try to discourage excessive horseplay right before bed as it just winds Chester up and he'll roll around in his crib and wail for half an hour before tuckering himself out.  Anyway, my two boys were having quite the little giggle and when Chester got down to business for his second boob, he was all smiles and giggles.  Kinda weird when you look down and your son is laughing.  On your boob.  I caught him trying to stifle a laugh a few times too but he kept chuckling to himself.  Never had a guy laughing on my boob before.  That's a first!  It reminds me of something I said to Tim a few weeks ago when he came stumbling out of the bedroom on a Saturday afternoon during my feeding with Chester.  I said to him, "Did you ever think that one day you'd walk out of the bedroom, only to find a guy sucking on my boob and you're only comment would be, 'Do we have any Mini-Wheats left?'"  LOL.  Amazing how one little human can change everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment