Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Saturday, October 30

6 Months!!!

Happy birthday to our little boy Chester who turns 6 months old today! In some ways, it feels like YEARS since I went into the hospital the morning of April 30th, excited and terrified. I was told many times that it gets easier after the first 6 weeks, then three months. Not sure if this happens again at 6 months but with teething, feeding and crawling coming up, I think we have our work cut out for us! It also happens to be the three month anniversary of this blog, which has definitely flown by. Since taking shots of him in his monkey costume for his three month birthday, I've made it a tradition to take pics of him first thing when he wakes up in his crib.

It was a VERY late start this morning. I woke up at 9 am and Chester was still asleep. I think the last time I slept until 9 was when I was still pregnant! The room is pretty dark now with the curtains, but he had just woken up and was on his tummy. When we flicked on the lights he squinted and bonked his head on the side of the crib. This is how he looked when we walked into his room this morning.

For a minute I thought we could avoid the big cry...


Nope.


It didn't last long though.

Look at the tear on our tough little guy!


Smiley kid.

Hmm is it time for boobies yet?  Enuff pictures already!


I really wish we could have bumper pads on his crib seeing as he acts like a drunk with his head lolling all over the place when he's on his tummy. I think we have to wait it out another six months which sucks. The crib bars are HARD.

Halloween tomorrow. I have two costumes for him. Pics incoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment