Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Sunday, October 24

It's getting hairy.



This new bouncer has been such a Godsend. I'm finding it very helpful when I need two free hands. Chester still demands that I stay close by but at least I can tidy up and every once in awhile, even update my blog!  This new bouncer also tires him out quite a bit so I'm chalking up the two naps he had during the entire week to our new device. He seems particularly fascinated with a little dinosaur in a bubble that spins around, accompanied with little colorful beads. He seems very agile with his hands now too.

Note the stylish yoga pants his nana got him.  Shades of Russell Brand in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, no?


Another one of his favourite things is the new Haba blocks that came in the mail this week. They say  for 1 year and up, or maybe 6 months (i'm not sure what 1/2 means on the side of the box.) but I've been letting him play with them in his crib as they seem to keep him occupied after a diaper change when I put him down to go wash my hands. An amazing thing he did today:  He put a smaller block into a bigger one!  No big deal you'd think, but c'mon!!!  He's not even 6 months old yet.  Here is exactly what I found when I came back from washing my hands. A block within a block. 

No big deal mum.  Gimme something challenging like a Rubik's Cube!

In other news, I've been waiting patiently for Chester's Tom Arma monkey costume to arrive but no luck yet.


Every day I wait with bated breath for this darn costume, and every day my heart sinks when it doesn't come. It's been a month already!!! I'm scared to not have anything for him so I ordered him a little dragon costume from Old Navy on Friday as a backup.




Can't have Chester without a costume for his first Halloween!

Speaking of furry little creatures, the most noticeable thing about Chester appearance-wise is he seems to finally be growing hair!



I've taken to calling him Charlie Brown thanks to the three little long hairs on the top of his round, ginormous head.  Finally!  Those long hairs have some company.




It's really difficult to take a photo of, but there's a bunch of new growth coming in all over his head. It also looks a lot lighter than the dark, coarse hair he had when he was first born.

Can you see the 3 long Charlie Brown hairs swaying in the breeze above the baby haired Astroturf?

Kinda annoying how he had so much hair to start with only to lose it all. Mommy suffered with terrible heartburn every night for a good six months because of that damn hair. Never heard that? My friend Cleo told me when I had heartburn during my pregnancy that my baby was going to be born with hair. And she was right.  Maybe it's an old wives tale, but it's one I totally agree with!

Today Tony came over to help Tim put up blackout drapes in Chester's room.  Yay!  Nap training can finally begin!  He also brought over Volume 1 & 2 of Baby Signing Time.  I watched a little bit with him today and while he's a little too young to be needing to use words like "cracker" and "banana" he's going to be soon!  His birthday is this week which will make him six months old.  And that means it's time for food like a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment