Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Monday, October 25

Chester - 1, Lara - 0

Day 1 of Nap Training:

After crying in the bouncer and looking visibly tired, I thought it was high time to try him out in his crib for a daytime nap, especially since he got his beautiful curtains put up.  This is what happened this afternoon:
 
2:43 - put him in his crib and left the room
2:44 - screaming
2:46 - quiet but thrashing wildly, intermittent screaming
2:47 - screaming escalates (hoping no one is calling the police for child abuse), blanket is now over his head...sigh
2:49 - screaming is frenzied now.  the worst type of screaming.  omfg.
2:50 - rolled over, screaming on his face now.
2:51 - flipped onto back again.  screaming sounds a little bored now.  more like i'm crying because i should.  back on tummy.  very angry.  i think he's bumped his noggin twice on the rails.
2:53 - crying inconsolably on his tummy/side
it's been more than 10 minutes of screaming.  now the mailman is coming up.  he'll probably report me to child services.
2:57 - he's still crying.  i give up.  at least my monkey costume finally arrived tho.  LOL.  FML.

No picture as he's crying too much to have stopped for a photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment