Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Friday, October 1

Roll over Beethoven...

Chester has been rolling over here and there for a few weeks now.  It's been a slow progression of steps.  A gradual connect the dots. Today was different though.  Instead of the usual saga of arching back, getting on side and finally lumbering onto his tummy, the pieces suddenly fell into place.  It happened when I changed him and put him down in his crib to go wash my hands.  A minute later I returned to see him staring up at me, pleased as punch with himself.  He's so quick now I couldn't even turn my camera on quick enough to get the full series.  The video shows him on his side, which happened in a blink. 

The roll happened so fast I almost didn't catch it.  I'm happy I caught that little self satisfied smirk he displays albeit briefly.  He's one step closer to conquering those three hanging animals on his mobile that have eluded him up until now.  I rue the day he is able to stand up and grasp one of those poor unsuspecting dudes in his clutches.  Yikes!

This new roll accomplishment has been giving me tons of problems this last week on the change table.  Chester has decided he really enjoys practicing his rolling technique while I'm in the middle of a diaper change - the messier the better!  He grabs onto the hutch behind him for purchase and uses it to leverage himself up onto his side, arching his back and holding on for dear life!  It's become a battle of wills between the two of us.  I'm embarrassed to say I usually lose.  Diapering now takes about five times as long as normal.  Unfortunately, that's not the only thing he's been playing with.  Yep!  Chester has found his boy parts.  The minute I remove the tabs from a pungent diaper his hands automatically fuse onto his junk.  This is especially problematic if a messy poo has taken place.  Baby poo hands = not good!  He's quicker than those old Chinese ladies waiting by the hot station at the China Buffet for the crab legs to come out.  What is truly horrifying is when he grabs his bits and SQUEEZES.  Being on the painful receiving end of this squeeze (purple nurple anyone?) I know his grip is similar to Lindsay Wagner crushing an orange on the Bionic Woman.  Hopefully this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment