Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Sunday, October 17

Week at a glance.

Daddy's fave new exercise - Chester Lifts.
Chester is definitely getting close to being ready for real food.  While taking a break from nursing between sides, I ate a granola bar.  He was totally mesmerized.  He's been doing this for a few weeks now but something about that granola bar really caught his imagination.  In other news Chester took two naps this week.  That really may not seem like news to most people but for the bionic child who never closes his eyes during the day, that's saying a lot!  I was told that things get easier at 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months.  Could this mean better sleep patterns in the near future?  He's actually been less willing to sleep at night nowadays.  He always wants to play and gets very upset when we switch off the light and leave his room.  He never did this before.  Would this be considered separation anxiety?  Manipulation?  Maybe a bit of both?

I think the naps might come at the hands of his new bouncer.  Plain and simple, it wears him out.  My mom also made the keen observation that he expresses his delight when he sticks his tongue out.  And he does this a lot!

Whispering "Boo Boo Bear" in low breathy tones = peals of laughter.

Besides chirping like a little parakeet to the birds in the background of one of the songs on his mobile, there hasn't been much squawking as of late.  This changed when he was sitting on my lap watching Datarock on Yo Gabba Gabba.  For some reason, this catchy little ditty by a bunch of hipster dudes had him singing along.  For the record, singing = squealing as loud as humanly possible.  Ouch my poor ears!  At least the kid has good taste!  If he subjected me to The Wiggles I might have to /wrists.


No comments:

Post a Comment