Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Monday, October 18

UH OH.

Separated at Birth? We bought this Seahorse to help him sleep. Like that worked.

Ugh.  Sometimes I wake up very early in the morning.  Most of the time it's for no reason.  Other times I chalk it up to plain old fashioned motherly instinct.  Case in point, this morning I woke up super early and decided to sneak a peek at Chester.  Looking at the night-visioney greeney gray monitor, it's hard to tell what I'm looking at sometimes.  But I was pretty sure he was asleep on his stomach.  Lying on his face.  I shook Tim awake and he confirmed my suspicions.  We went in and flipped him onto his back, but of course he woke up.  Sigh.  He rolls over onto his stomach very regularly nowadays.  Tim has to go in at night and flip him back, but never have I seen this in the morning.  Why is he flipping himself over in the middle of the night?  Is he asleep when he does it?  What is the solution to this?  VERY SCARY!  I don't think I'll have a restful night until the doctor gives the ok for tummy sleeping.  When is that?  Like, a year?  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment