Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Saturday, October 30

The Grinch who stole Halloween

I was excited to try out Chester's TWO Halloween costumes today.  The runner up is a little dragon costume I got him from Old Navy.  It was a backup just in case my monkey costume didn't arrive from the States.  The thing is pretty warm considering it's all fleece.  He seemed kinda interested at first.





His interest lasted about a minute before he started to fuss...











I tried to get a really solid picture of him - one that we would appreciate for a lifetime, but he wouldn't stop crying.  I would have tried a little longer seeing how it was less than five minutes in total but Tim shriveled up any desire to continue by saying, "He's a little young for this, don't you think?"  Hmm...the costume says ZERO TO SIX MONTHS, so no I don't.  Considering how Tim isn't thrilled at all about the idea of going trick or treating tomorrow, he's trying to use every trick in the book to get out of going.  First there was humiliation in the form of, 'we're going to look like assholes mooching candy if we do this.'  Then ignorance.  'We don't know anywhere to go around here.'  But now he's really breaking out the heavy artillery with this whole mother abusing child line of thinking.  Sorry.  Being half-Jewish, I'm immune to white guilt.  No previews of his monkey costume tonight either as when I asked if Tim wanted to help me take pictures (well, begged really) he said he'd rather sit on the couch and watch a shitty movie.  Nice.  Grinch - 1, Lara - 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment