Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Monday, August 9

What a weekend...

Since I am by myself during the week while Tim is at work, I haven't had much time to take care of the ongoing problem that I've been having with my boobs.  When you have a screaming baby who wants food NOW, there's no prep time for hot compresses and massages, nevermind afterwards when your baby won't let you put him down after he's finished feeding.  Either because he's asleep on you, and you don't dare to move lest you wake him, or because he's beside himself because you've just taken him off of his dairy bar after an hour when he thought it was 24 hour, all you can eat.

So this weekend I had the luxury of a little bit of time to do prep work before feedings, and follow-up care.  I can say that all of this extra work did nothing for my boobs at all.  In fact, the one side seems even worse.  Instead of a white dot, the whole nipple has a whitish cast on it.  And when my baby hungrily chomps down on it, it feels like it's being held in place and worked over endlessly by a Singer sewing needle. 

Is there any relief in sight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment