Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, August 17

Sleeping with a new man




They say it gets easier at the three month mark and for the most part, "they" are right.  However, there are still days where it feels like I'm back to the first few weeks.  Non-stop screaming, fussing, tantrums, where Chester wakes up, won't sleep, and is angry all day.

Today was one of those days and it hasn't gotten easier to cope.  He woke up at 8 am screaming. Not sure the reason.  Babies apparently just do that for no rhyme or reason.  lol...  I changed him for what felt like, a bazillion times.  Again, something that I haven't had to do for a month or so.  By 4 pm, I was EXHAUSTED.  Usually I haven't required a nap.  And when I am tired, I can't sleep anyway as I'm so anxious about a lot of things right now.  Today though, I could hardly keep my eyes open.  I thought I'd try something different so I scooped a yowling Chester up and brought him into the bed with me.  I propped up the pillows on Tim's side like a fort, and put him down in the middle.  I know a lot of people say it's bad to sleep with a baby, but I am not worried.  I am a very light sleeper, and I don't move.  Chester was pretty wriggly when I put him in the bed.  I had to put him a little lower so his windmilling fists wouldn't punch me in the face.  He wouldn't go to sleep so I got his pacifier, grabbed his A+A blankie and he started to quiet down.  I passed out and I guess he did too.  I woke up two hours later, still in the same exact spot I had fallen asleep in, flat on my back at the very edge of the bed, and Chester was still asleep but woke up when I started stirring.  It was lovely to wake up with my little man.  And such a treat.  I always wish that Tim would wake up with me, but he seldom does as he goes to bed so late.  Now I have a new little man to wake up with.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment