Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, August 3

Giggle burps

I'm always looking forward to milestones, and today was a HUGE one.  This morning when I was changing him, we were going about our usual routine - Chester plays with the blanket, ducking in and out to peek at me.  This time however, he let out the cutest giggle!  I was thunderstruck.  A few days ago I thought I heard a giggle for a  millisecond but then I thought I might have imagined it. This also happened in the past with his first smile, not to mention his first kick while still in my tummy.  This time though, there was no denying it.  And he confirmed it 15 minutes later while he was bouncing on my knee.  I let out a burp and he looked at me, shocked for a moment, and then burst out into another giggle.  When I explained the giggles to my boyfriend Tim when he got home, he made sure to test out the practice by burping NON-STOP for a few hours to try to get him to giggle.  No go though.  And a pretty gross way to spend an evening.  haha!

Another milestone that happened was when I put Chester down to "suit up" for nursing.  This is when I don my robe and strap on my "My Brest Friend" breastfeeding pillow.  Usually he howls from the minute he's waiting until the second he makes contact with the boob.  This time however, I pointed to my pillow and told him he was about to eat.  He stopped crying and smiled!  Not sure if he truly understood or he was having gas.  Either way, two milestones in a day is something!

No comments:

Post a Comment