Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Saturday, August 14

New developments...

Every weekend I'm going to recap any new developments, big or small, that have happened throughout the week.


Over the past few weeks, Chester has definitely been crazy about gnawing on his hands.  It seems like every time you look at him, his fists are in his mouth where a loud sucking sound can be heard.   It's kinda great, as it's a built in pacifier that you can take anywhere you go!  On the downside, he gets pretty slobbery!  I noticed yesterday that he's taken to sucking on a finger.  Oh boy.  Wait till he discovers the joys of the thumb.  That will be the day!   I'm noticing that Chester has been really enjoying hearing singing.  If I belt out a little ditty, he looks at me shocked for a second, and then beams!  Too cute.
 
The most exciting development is he seems to be getting into more regular sleeping patterns finally.  I noticed last week that he had a nap right after his first feeding - I put him in his crib after changing him, and he'd amuse himself watching the mobile and then conk out.  He also had a nap after his afternoon feeding in his swing.  This happened a couple times last week so it will be interesting to see if this was sheer coincidence.  Two naps a day plus his bedtime, which is now from around 11 pm until 8 or 9 am is pretty good.  We are trying to slowly scale it back to an earlier time every evening but we want to do it gradually.  On Saturday morning he woke up screaming at 8 am, and the night before he had gone to bed at 11 pm.  Not sure what that was about but I suspect he didn't get enough food the day before as he kept falling asleep while eating.  Either way, it's nice, and quite a relief, to look forward to some quiet time - as well as perhaps a few naps here and there for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment