Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Sunday, August 15

Fun with WoW

One of the things that comes with parenthood is sacrifice.  Not getting to watch True Blood if your son is asleep in his swing is one of them.  (Hail the PVR!)  I went to read in the bedroom but wound up taking a very short catnap while Chester slept. He didn't sleep very long and I got treated to a little visit in the bedroom by my two favourite men.  Chester is a heavy breather, so I heard him before I saw him.  We were playing on the bed - Tim holding him, while I made goofy faces - and Chester let out a big laugh.  Not really a giggle, more like a guffaw.  Sounded like a not so smart donkey.  haha.  I heard Chester giggle a few weeks ago and it was different.  It was the first time Tim heard him laugh, giggle or otherwise, so seeing the look on Tim's face was priceless and sooo precious.  But back to sacrifices...

I quit playing WoW when I found out I was pregnant, and Tim scaled back dramatically.  Tim will still play nowadays but only after the little one goes to sleep for the night, with a little bit on weekends thrown in for good behaviour.  ;)

We took these as a joke.  Certainly not the model for good parenting, to be sure!
Level 1 noob
Learning how to ride on a ZA bear.

Showing off in Dalaran.  Rare Frost Mount FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment