Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, August 3

The best gift of all.

What a difference a few hours can make.

I woke up from a very rare afternoon nap to find my left boob sore and hard.  I have a clogged duct.  My first one since breastfeeding.  I decided to use the pump for the day on the left side all day as my nipple has been killing for about 4 days straight.  The thought of Chester on this boob was too much, so I've been giving him only my right one, for double the time.  I guess the Medela Swing pump doesn't have enough torque, as I woke up feeling terrible.  With a lot of massaging and a shower in the evening, I eventually got rid of it, but the bigger problem of my nipple pain can no longer be ignored.  There is something in my nipple that is causing ducts to become blocked.  This is something I need to call the breastfeeding clinic about tomorrow.

Another amazing milestone tonight.  Despite all the pain I've been having with my boobs, during Chester's evening feeding, when he was done on his first side, he stopped, looked up at me and smiled!  This is the first time he's really looked at me and understood that the boob he was sucking on so greedily was attached to me.  The sweet, open, happy smile was almost like he was saying, "Thank you for feeding me.  I love you!"  And considering all the horrible nipple pain I've had, I couldn't ask for a more wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment