Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Thursday, March 3

Standing Tall

We've had to move Chester's crib settings down TWICE in the last month.  After I saw him pulling himself up to sit on his knees I got worried he could possibly fall out.  So Tim moved it down.

Starting to pull himself up in January. 

Then he did something amazing (and scary) on Tuesday.  He STOOD for the first time by himself!

Sitting is for the birdz...

I heard him laughing like a hyena and I asked Tim who was in the room with him what was going on.  Tim told me to come and see.  This is what I found when I walked in...

Braying like a donkey at his impressive accomplishment!

HEY LOOK IT'S THE FLOOR! 
HMMM...WONDER IF I CAN GIVE MY MAMA A HEART ATTACK..

I actually got so scared when I saw this I surrounded the crib with every available padded surface I could find for two nights.  Then tonight, Tim moved the crib down to its third and final notch.  Now I might actually be able to rest easy and get some sleep!

Um...why is my head so FAR DOWN???
I can't see over the crib now?  This is some BULLSHITZ!
When I get out of this crib I'm gonna kill you all...

Um..hello?!?  This makes DJ'ing kinda hard!!!
So he's safe from falling on the floor.  Now I only have to worry about him pitching backwards and GONKING himself in the head.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment