Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, March 1

10 months!

Chester didn't have his 10 month anniversary since there is no 30th in the month of February but a lot has happened in the last 28 days!


One of the hardest things have been his two front teeth coming in.



There's actually quite a few more coming in besides the top two.  Bleh.  This is going to be fun.





We visited his naturopath this month.  She was amazed at how BIG he's gotten in the last three months.  She said his weight is in the 60th percentile and his height is in the 80th percentile.  It's not the first time we've heard that he's going to be tall.

Other than that, he's become a little octopus.  It's almost impossible to hold him when we're sitting on the couch after a feeding.  He wants to grab everything and he's just so wriggly!  Since he's officially too big to sit in the Bumbo now and I don't like to have him sit in his crib since he always manages to hit his head pretty hard, he's been getting some mileage out of his playpen.



Out with the old...

and in with the new...BABY JAIL!!!
So far he's been enjoying sitting in there but I suspect that will change pretty fast when he realizes he's just a prisoner whose civil rights are being violated.  Going to put the phone in there with him so he can call Kids Help Phone.
The old days:  Nice long AM nap.

Besides teething, the only major transition has been naptime.  He's been amazing the last few months with two naps a day - a morning one in his rocker and a later afternoon in his swing.  I knew my luck would run out sooner or later.

Fresh and happy!


He's able to fall asleep quickly for his morning nap - but the afternoon?  Fuggedaboudit.  I sit sometimes for an hour, even two, while he refuses to sleep.  Super frustrating.  I'm now experimenting with one longer nap in the early afternoon.

What nap?  Sleep is for the weak!

It's basically a toddler nap but it's come a few months early.  The times I've tried it he's slept for anywhere from 3 to 4 hours which is just as good, if not better than the 40 to 90 minute morning nap and the 2 to 3 hour late afternoon.

Oh..you wanted to work?  I'm the only job worth doing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment