Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Wednesday, March 9

Horrible Day

I woke up this morning completely unable to move my head.  My neck is in such severe pain and it hurts to breathe.  Trying to move/lift/change a baby is really an unfathomable proposition.  Yet that's what I had to do since Tim didn't even consider taking the day off work.  I really needed Chester to take a nap so I decided not to try for 2, today since it seems to only yield one bad one and skipping over the second one entirely.  I began getting him ready at 12:30.  It's now 4 pm and he's still sitting, bright eyed with no nap in sight!  That's more than 3 hours wasted.  I feel like I'm in HELL.  Add in the constant crying and whining and I'm about ready to kill myself.  I've fed him twice and changed him...gave him stuff for teething.  Frustrated beyond belief.  Pretty much the worst day I have had since he was a 5 month old.

Stubborn little so and so rubbing his eyes but refusing to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment