Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Sunday, September 12

Where did the week go?

Look at those cheeks
Oh my.  No postings for a whole week!  Losing interest?  Nope!  Real life!  The Toronto Film Fest is officially on which means Tim is working harder than ever.  He had to work on Saturday - a 14 hour day!  Left before 10 am and was home at almost midnight.  It was the first time he wasn't here to put Chester to bed with me.  So sad.  =(  It didn't help that he was very difficult all day.  Crying, fussing - wanted to eat constantly but when I fed him, he wouldn't stay on.  My boobs were throbbing.  I was hot, sweaty, tired and hungry.  Not anything to really write home about right?

One of the most amazing things that happened this week piggybacked on something that happened a week or two ago.  You remember me mentioning that Chester noticed his toes?  Well, the next step?  He just wasn't content to gaze upon those beautiful little piggly wigglies.  He had to jam them in his mouth!  It happened on Monday, and as I ran to grab the camera Tim said, "You take a picture and I'll KILL you."  WHAAA????  No camera??  Why not?  Tim's reply?  "Because you're missing out on the actual moment."  Hmmm.  I don't agree with that.  Why can't I experience the moment while recording it?  Anyway, no picture of the magic moment, so no individual posting.  That's not to say I wouldn't include it in my weekly entry, along with the closest thing I could get to a picture.  Despite threat of imminent death.  Hmphf.
Just missed the big moment by seconds...darn

Here's some pics I took today of him doing it again today.  This time his feet were covered but that didn't matter to him.  He knew what delicious loveliness lay beneath that fabric and he went for it all the same!

NOM NOM NOM!
Hmmm...tastes like chicken, smells like fish
Note the toe now immersed in slobber.

No comments:

Post a Comment