Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Sunday, September 26

CNN: The Chester News Network

A few weeks ago I posted a video of Chester laughing like a baby donkey when I was wiping his neck.  I actually entered him in a contest here but most of my relatives are either computer illiterate or super paranoid about registering and entering their information, so I guess we're not going to be winning the grand prize for this.  Anyway, I've discovered new heights to his ticklishness this week.  He's becoming an extremely happy, giggly kid.
It's to the point I'm able to make him laugh on command!  The secret is making funny noises into his neck which sets him into hysterics.


One big change this week came in the form of Chester's eating habits.  Usually he does about 25 to 30 minutes per boob.  This week it was anywhere from 10 to 25.  It still took almost 2 hours to achieve such dismal results.  Very frustrating.  Such a drop has me concerned.  He just didn't seem as interested.  He also seems very aware of his surroundings.  Perhaps the two just go hand in hand.

On a funny note, Chester is all tongue lately.  
They call me Doctor Love
Look at the size of that thing!  Sheesh.  He seems to have adopted a Gene Simmons philosophy for everything.  It seems to always be out there.  He's either brandishing it like a "thumbs up!" or sucking on it like he's got a lifesaver in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment