Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, September 7

Chester's 4 month checkup

Knocked out after his doctor's visit.

Going to visit Chester's pediatrician has been stressful the last couple of visits.  He's had to receive needles both times and it just kills me to watch him suffer.  Last time he took the first needle like a champ.  He cried for a minute then he stopped like a true trooper.  It was the next needle that did him in.  Worse still, he just looked at me as if to say, "Why are you hurting me mom?"  Ugh.  I told Tim it was his turn to hold his hand while the doctor gave him his needles.  I couldn't even watch.  I busied myself with the Tempra drops.  I think Chester knew it was coming this time as he was pretty well behaved until it was time to put him on the examining table.  Then he howled like a banshee.  Yeesh.  And the needle taking was even worse this time around.


Before the howling began, the doctor examined him and said he's a very  healthy baby.  He commended me again on the job I've done breastfeeding him.  One thing he did mention was that Chester is as big as a six month old.  He weighs 15 lb. 14 ounces!  He said we could start introducing food to him but I think I'd rather wait until he's 6 months.  I dunno, I just feel guilty putting pablum in his tummy so soon.  Sure he may be "big" enough, but he's still only 4 months old.  Love my little guy so SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment