Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Friday, September 2

Cheese and thank you



After countless daily attempts with finger foods - we're talking months and months here - all of which have been unceremoniously dumped onto the floor, we finally made a breakthrough!  Up until now, the only way I could get Chester to eat cheese or fruit was by cutting it into tiny bits and shoving it into the center of his Nutrios.



Today we finally rounded a corner!  I noticed during Chester's dinner, after having missed lunch and being completely weak with hunger that he was greedily eyeing the cheese string I was eating as a last ditch resort.  The next day, I decided to incorporate it into the finger food rotation.  I took the expensive organic goat's milk cheese he's been summarily wasting and cut it into cubes to big to fit a Nutrio.  Then I started to eat a cheese string in front of him which elicited a bunch of sad little whines and protests.  When I tried giving him a piece of the run-of-the-mill supermarket string cheese, he gobbled it up like a starving little mouse!   When I tried substituting the string cheese for the organic goat cheese, he had no problems.  Seems like he's an equal opportunity cheese monster.

YUM!  I LOVE CHEESE!

Um, why haven't you given me this before???

Oops.  Every day you say?  For months?  My bad.

Um, mommy? Please stop taking pics and feed me cheese?

HEY BITCH, DID I STUTTER? FEED ME SOME F*&#KIN' CHEESE NOW!
Thanks mum!

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA! This post is hilarious! Love the little guy's facial expressions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, thanks Lena! he's a silly little monkey. I love that you read my posts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete