Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, September 6

Finally! No small feet!

Chester has been walking here and there. It's mostly cruising but there have been many occasions over the last few months where it's clear that he knows how to do it. He just lacks confidence. Every day when Tim is at work I sit in the playroom with him and get him to walk to me. Just a step or two here. Usually if he overthinks it he'll lose his balance. But if he's not worrying about it, he'll do it without any problem. So today I'm happy to say we're finally past the cruising stage!  It started first with getting him to walk toward me. It wasn't just a step or two. It was about four or five - and not a teeter or totter in sight. He brayed like a donkey at his achievement. A few hours later when I was sitting with him in the playroom and my mom called, he walked on his own toward me to try to wrest the phone away from me. And when I left his play area, I saw him walk unassisted in a circle. And the topper?  Standing by the gate, I saw him turn around and RUN not walk, out of my sight, zipping for the window. I heard his little feet pattering on the floor, again accompanied by peals of laughter.  Hear for yourself in this video I took a little later.


This next (and last) video is super short as my memory card decided it was full at the second when he decided to walk to the back of the room. If I ever needed some extra memory cards, today was the day. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment