Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Sunday, February 13

Year of the Rabbit

Every year, it's been a tradition in our family to celebrate Chinese New Year at our favorite restaurant. This year, we had to put the kybosh on our get together as Chester is at the stage where he can't be trusted not to scream his head off. The place we like to go also doesn't have the best baby changing facilities (meaning none.) So my mom and Tony came by tonight for a little Chinese New Year visit.

One of the newest (and crappy) developments now that I'm a mom is that I officially don't get an "ang pao" anymore. An "ang pao" is an envelope containing a gift of money. It is always in a red envelope which symbolizes luck. When you have a child or get married, you don't get them anymore. Boo for me. Yay for Chester though. He had the honour of receiving his first ever!


First ever lucky envelope.

The symbol on the envelope means "Fu" or "Luck."

Mmm.  Luck is tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment