Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Wednesday, February 16

Sprout Right

Chester has been on solid foods for over three months now.  He's a good eater but he's starting to get bored.

So...what's for dinner?
Blech.  Pears again?

Luckily, our Christmas gift from my mom and Tony came in really handy.  The Beaba Babycook allows you to make your own baby food.  It steams and purees it for you which is a really nice feature as a lot of nutrients are lost boiling and transferring vegetables.  This process allows minimal transfer which means maximum yumminess. We gave the babycook a whirl for the first time tonight and were really happy with the results.

Butternut squash!
We made Butternut squash and cauliflower which I then transferred to Baby cubes and froze.

The little monster taste testing...
The verdict?  NOM NOM NOM!  YUMZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment