Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, November 16

Down in the dumps

Not sure if it's the weather change or being cooped up in the house but I'm feeling a little blah lately.  Four people I know got promoted in the last couple weeks and while three of them are amazing and very deserving, the other, who is someone I worked with in the past, is totally lazy, clueless and conniving.  And here they are just moving up, up and up in their career!  I know I am where I want to be, which is at home with my son, but I think it's normal for any new mom to feel like life is passing them by a little.  I also think it's ok to allow yourself to feel bad every once in awhile.  Unfortunately, this is one of these times.  Hopefully it will pass soon.

Flashing the cute so as not to get in trouble with the momz...
Moving on from my silly pity party, something really scary happened this morning with Chester.  My first real fright as a mom - immediate and visceral.  I put him in his Bumbo to play with his musical bus while I did some stuff on the computer and I heard him let out a whiney cry.  He usually does this when he rolls his bus out of reach, which is my cue to roll it back to him.  It's like fetch, except I'm the dog and the bone is his toy.  Anyway, did I ever get the scare of my life when I turned around to find him lying on the floor, flat on his back, staring up at me!  I had no idea if he hit his head but he seemed ok.

Watching him recreate his escape.


I know you're supposed to say "uh oh" when your little one hurts himself but I got really upset and burst into tears.  He seemed ok though - no crying.  He even smiled and giggled when I picked him up.  I guess he feeds off his mother's tears!  I am not sure how he got out of his little chair, but he didn't earn the name Houdini for nothing.  Not the nicest posting but hey - they can't always be highlights.  Sometimes you need to throw in the lowlights as well.  That's real life n' all.


No comments:

Post a Comment