Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Thursday, May 5

Sick day...

Chester woke up this morning with bright pink cheeks and a fever.  At first, I thought the fever was from the vaccinations he had on Monday.  The doctor did mention that this could happen.  However, his nose has been running all day.  He was also yawning all morning and just low energy.  I think our little boy is sick.  It's his first time.  I guess not getting sick for a year is something, right?


Why HEY stranger!  Who are you?
How lovely it was to see Tim home a little early from work with a present for him.  A Fisher Price Go Baby Go! Stride-to-Ride Dino!  We've wanted this for such a long time and it was so nice to see Chester's face when he saw a belated, extra bday/sorry-you're-sick-please-feel-better-soon present waiting for him!

Hello!  I think we're going to be best friends.
Totally mesmerized.
 
C was imitating the dino's roar!
In no time he was standing and exploring.

And tasting...
Blurry shot but C's face = pure joy.

I think the smiles and shrieks we got as a result of his new toy took his mind off feeling icky. What a nice surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment