Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Friday, December 9

Jingle Bells...

We're a little late in starting in with the festivities but we finally have one.

Our first tree as a family!



After checking out a few other places earlier in the week, Tim finally decided on one that he thought was up to snuff.  Believe it or not, it's from Ikea. It was only $20 and it came with a $20 coupon so I'd say that was a pretty sweet deal.  Especially considering Tim saw ones for $45 which weren't half as nice.  So after running around to get the tree as well as a stand it was pretty late and we had to get Callum to bed, soooo we thought we'd let it stay bare until tonight.  Maybe even tomorrow.  We still need to hunt for decorations!  Lights, a tree skirt, maybe a nice red blanket to lay on the bottom.  (Ugh!  SO many needles!)  I have gotten some filler balls but I'm looking forward to finding some keepsake ornaments.  Especially a tree topper.  Believe it or not, I've NEVER had a real Christmas tree before so this is kinda all new territory for me.  The smell of a real tree is pretty unbelievable.  It smells so nice and I swear the air feels fresher but I also have had a headache all day and I'm wondering if the tree has anything to do with it! 



I'll post more pics at various stages of tree decoration soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment