Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, October 18

Finger foods


Chester is a stubborn little cuss.   For months and months I've been trying to get him to use his hands to eat.



99.9% of the time he just throws it on the ground.  The exception to the rule is eggs and of course, cheese and rice cakes.  His tried and true faves. 




This week I've been cooking up a storm of homemade foods to force him to expand his repertoire.

First up, Tofu cubes. 




These went over better than expected.  Probably because he got confused with his cheese cubes that I also dipped in a yummy crumbed coating.

For breakfast I tried him on freshly baked Banana and Blueberry muffins.


No dice.  He certainly is enjoying the fruit smoothies I'm making him though.  He gets one of his own every day now.  He seems to enjoy them.  So much so, he had a huge temper tantrum when I set his drink down for a moment (thus interrupting his slurping) to go get a camera so I could snap a few pics.



Next up, Spinach and Cheese nuggets.


These are pretty tasty little guys.  However, Chester wasn't really into these.  I burnt them ever so slightly but they still tasted great.  A casualty from not realizing I had the oven on "convection."  Oops.  Then I tried Muffin Tin Turkey Loaf.  Like Meatloaf but in muffin tins.  That's it in the picture below, right at the top, cut into a quarter piece.  The turkey muffins went over about as well as a lead balloon.



The picture above also shows a Spinach and Cheese Nuggets on the plate and the one and only saving grace... Homemade Chicken Tenders!


I whipped up a batch of these delectable morsels and they were deelish!  I have to admit, it was hard for Tim and I to resist the urge to wolf them all down! And guess what?  Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!



Chester gobbled these up like a mouse...with cheese.  (See how I mixed it into his bowl with some cheese cubes?)  It must be the yummy cornflake and parmesan crust.  I guess 1 out of 5 dishes is better than nothing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment