Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Tuesday, July 12

First steps!

Sorry for the long delay between posts.  We have been in full settling in/home reno mode and it's been pretty busy around here! 

One major milestone happened today when Chester took his first steps this afternoon.  These photos were taken the day before but they pretty much show exactly how it happened. 



After Tim and I were able to get out on our own for a romantic getaway...to Costco (LOL) Chester was super excited to see us.  He is especially fascinated by the front door. 













 Basically, his first steps consisted of him exactly in the position you see in the last photo above.  He turned around and took about three steps to me, laughing and thrilled at his accomplishment.  Although he has taken many little steps from one object to another (ie: table to couch) this was the first where there was nothing between him, which required more than one step.  Tim was in the kitchen putting away groceries while I was playing with him at the door.  I would have loved to have had my camera but it happened so suddenly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment