Chester

Chester
Chester at 5:30 am on his 3 month birthday!

The Chester Diaries: Celebrating the feast and famine known as new motherhood.

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lara and I gave birth in April, 2010 to a baby boy. I've been calling him "Chester" since he was a little chestnut in my tummy. To commemorate his three month birthday, I wanted to write about the crazy, joyous and exhausting ride I've been having as a first-time mom. If you're interested in reading about the highs and lows of uncharted mommy territory as well as my unhealthy obsession with shopping, (particularly baby gear), reviews, and pop culture observations, then you've come to the right place. Be warned: This cute kid has a mommy who can be a bit of a potty mouth.

Note: This blog is no longer active but please enjoy Chester's journey from 3 months to 2+ years.


Wednesday, June 1

First steps?

Chester was extremely cranky tonight.




He HATES the playpen but ever since we put it in the dining room displaying that huge evergreen, he's been happy as a clam.  Until today.  The little guy just wasn't having it and he made it clear to everyone within a 5 mile radius!


But that's not the reason for this post.  (If that was the case, I'd have to post multiple times each day!)  In between crying jags, Chester WALKED from one side of his playpen to the other!  Ok, it was only a couple steps but that's why they call it the "first steps" right?  Plus, he did it without holding on to anything.  In fact, it could have easily been missed since he didn't fall or make a big deal of it AT ALL.  I don't know if it actually counts since he had such a short amount of space and didn't need to muster up any courage to really walk, but we'll count it as a precursor to the real thing for now.  I think we're close.  Prepare for all hell to break loose!


1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats Chester! My little guy walked for the first time yesterday too - we ARE twins! xo

    ReplyDelete